Frankincense is an essential oil that I use daily. Often called the “king of oils,” Frankincense promotes feelings of peace and overall wellness. Renowned as one of the most prized and precious essential oils, Frankincense has some extraordinary benefits.
How I use Frankincense:
- I use Frankincense together with Lavender and Fractionated Coconut Oil, and apply it to my face daily.
- I also take doTERRA's DDR Prime soft gels which contain Frankincense essential oil.
- I apply Frankinsense together with Ice Blue Rub, Lemongrass and Copaiba when I am feeling muscular discomfort
- I diffuse Frankincense alone or sometimes with Lemongrass or another essential oil.
To learn more about the chemical components found in Frankincense click her to read an article in the doTERRA Science Blog
Frankincense Oil Uses and Benefits
- Add Frankincense’s incredible aroma to any room in your house by making this DIY Room Spray with Frankincense oil. Start by getting an empty glass spray bottle and putting in 15 drops of Frankincense, 15 drops of Grapefruit, and 30 drops of Douglas Fir. Top off the rest of the bottle with water. You now have the most amazing room spray! Just spritz this spray on carpet, furniture, or in the air of any room you desire.
- Make your own Razor Relief Serum with Frankincense, Lavender and fractionated coconut oil.
- Whether you are a yoga enthusiast or a morning meditator, diffusing Frankincense oil during these experiences will aid you in focusing your intention for the day. The fragrances of Frankincense essential oil will also help bring added satisfaction, peace, relaxation, and even feelings of overall wellness to your morning routine. With its strong aromatic properties, Frankincense oil is essential in giving a positive and focused lift to the rest of your day.
- One of Frankincense’s most powerful benefits is its ability to promote health, specifically cellular function.* Try taking Frankincense oil internally by using the DDR Prime softgels. This natural supplement will help support healthy cellular function.* In fact, doTERRA has found Frankincense to be so beneficial in supporting cellular function that doTERRA uses it in their highest selling supplements—the doTERRA Lifelong Vitality Pack®.
- Are your hands experiencing dryness from winter air? Do you want to improve the look of your scaly hands? Frankincense can help! Whenever your hands are feeling or looking unmoisturized or marred by harsh weather, add a couple drops of Frankincense oil to the moisturizer of your choice to help hydrate and rejuvenate the skin. The scent of Frankincense essential oil combined with your moisturizer will add a warm, spicy, and clean scent to your skin. You’ll want to take this lotion with you wherever you go!
- Feeling stressed? It just so happens that Frankincense essential oil has a solution for that. The chemical components of Frankincense result in an extremely powerful aroma that can help to dispel negative feelings—like stress. If you are feeling like the pressures of life are weighing down your mood, apply Frankincense to the bottom of your feet. The soothing sensation and aroma will promote feelings of relaxation and a balanced mood.
- Treat your hands and feet with a Frankincense oil massage that will have them feeling and looking rejuvenated. Add a couple drops of Frankincense to your feet and hands and massage the oil into your skin. This massage will give you a soothing and warming effect that your hands and feet won’t want to miss out on.
- Try this amazing “Star in the East” diffuser blend and fill your home with a warm and peaceful aroma. To create this blend, add 1 drop of Frankincense oil, 1 drop of Sandalwood oil, and 2 drops of Grapefruit oil to your diffuser for the perfect diffuser blend. The “Star in the East” blend works great for encouraging relaxation and uplifting mood.
One Boswellia sacra tree can produce a couple of pounds of resin each year.1 If Boswellia sacra trees are properly cared for, the tree can produce resin for hundreds of years.
Oils that Blend Well with Frankincense Oil
Frankincense oil blends well with citrus oils like Lime, Lemon, and Wild Orange, and other oils such as Cypress, Lavender, Geranium, Rose, Sandalwood, Ylang Ylang, and Clary Sage for diffusion.