I make this as a way to get my children to eat more vegetables. They love them. These muffins also freeze well so you can make a big batch of them and freeze for when you need it.
- 1 ¾ cups plain wholemeal flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 apples finely diced
- 4 drops of doTERRA Cinnamon essential oil
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 4 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup pumpkin, cooked and mashed
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- ½ cup milk
- 125g butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line two muffin tins with 18 patty pans.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, brown sugar, nutmeg and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin, apple, milk cinnamon oil and butter.
- Pour the wet mix into the dry mix and using a spatula, gently fold the mix together until all ingredients are just moist.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, fill each patty pan and bake for approximately 15-20 minutes.