There is something that is really comforting about eating warm apple pie that has been baked in the oven at home.
This recipe uses Lemon essential oil which infuses a bit of citrus flavor into the dish.
5 cups apple, sliced
¼ cup sugar
1 pinch nutmeg
½ teaspoon cinnamon (or 3 drops of doTERRA Cinnamon Essential Oil)
6 drops doTERRA Lemon Essential Oil
¼ cup flour
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 ⅓ cup butter
1 teaspoon vinegar
6–7 tablespoons of cold water
- Mix all pie filling ingredients together. Cook on medium heat until it comes to a boil. Stir constantly so that sugars don't burn. Set aside.
- For pie crust, place flour, salt, and butter in a medium bowl. Crumb together until little beads form.
- Place the egg, vinegar, and cold water in a separate bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Slowly pour liquid into the bowl with your dry ingredients, folding it in as you pour until fflour mixture is moistened. Don't overmix. Divide into four balls.
- Roll out two balls to make the bottom crust and place in two 9 inch pie shells.
- Distribute pie filling between two pie crusts.
- Slice one tablespoon of butter and distribute evenly across the top of pie filling.
- Roll out top crust and place on top of filling.
- Pinch bottom and top crust together between thumb and index finger.
- Bake on 350° F for one hour, or until golden brown.